Wednesday, December 30, 2015

La beauté Vintage.....The Vintage Beauty

     So I haven't had time to even keep my blog up, but with the New Year on the horizon, keeping my blog up to date is one of my many resolutions. I love to refinish vintage and antique furniture, and I have decided to simply share what I do and love with you all. I can remember in Engliish class, a teacher once  saying "when you are at a blank, just start writing". I am doing just that. Being the procrastinator that I am, I have avoided this blog simply because,  I haven't a clue as to how things really work with blogging. There you have it: The Blogger who doesn't truly know how to blog....another resolution: educate myself on how to be a great blogger.
     Getting back to the original topic of this post, I picked up a beautiful Armoir/Chiftrobe at one of the local flea markets a couple moths ago, with refinishing it for myself as the original reasoning for my purchase. The fact that I only paid $30 for it also played an enormous role in my self justification for purchasing this beauty. It needed a substantial amount of work, but I am in the process of giving it the love and attention that she deserves. Yes, I called my wardrobe a she. Why? After reading an older post about a wardrobe that was to be refinished over at perfectlyimperfectblog in which she gave her wardrobe a gender, I have decided that giving pieces a gender will definitely help me to stop my procrastinating and to get finished with the many projects that I have. I am going to take my love and dedication just a step farther though, by giving each piece a name along with a gender. I am hoping that personalizing each piece by categorizing it with a gender and an appropriate characteristically defined name will give me the added inspiration to finish the pieces that I start. I was hoping to put up a picture of my broken beauty in progress, but either my iPad or my isp is acting a tad crazy. I will keep trying to get pics up, because I really want to share this advennture and would love some feedback.....until then.....
Thanks for stopping by and please, come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment